The following will hopefully give you some main reasons for learning English.
By coming to this website you obviously have an interest in considering learning English, this wonderful and useful language.
Let me try and give you some very basic reasons for doing so.
Learning English for Entry to an English Speaking University
Perhaps you are a student who is considering going to an English speaking university, for example, in the UK, Canada or the USA, where it is essential to have a good knowledge of English as one of the requirements for entering such a University. Your knowledge of the English language has to be proven to the University in question by demonstrating that you have the required standard by submitting, for example, an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) certificate. You can read more about IELTS in one of my posts below.
This is obviously one very important reason for learning English.
Learn English to Advance your Career
English is the language used in so many areas of international business and therefore having a good knowledge of spoken and written English is a tremendous advantage and opens so many opportunities for higher paid jobs in your chosen job. The importance of this should not be underestimated.
- English is the most commonly used language among foreign language speakers.
- In addition to the USA and UK, citizens in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, many countries in Africa, India, and some smaller nations speak English.
- English is the commonly adopted second language in Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the Netherlands. Speaking English opens these countries and cultures up for you.
- English is the main language of Science. If some form of Science is your profession English is essential.
- If you are resident in an English speaking country becoming proficient in English will open many opportunities for you to improve your income and therefore increase your standard of living.
- Many conferences are held in English therefore you will benefit from being able to attend such conferences and understand what is being presented.
Learn English for Travel & Enjoyment
These days the world has become much smaller with air travel thus giving us the chance to travel to different countries on holiday where either the language of the country is English or where there are tourists of different nationalities, English is often the common language used to communicate.
If one has the ability to communicate in English with the locals the holiday is so much more enjoyable rather than having difficulties communicating.
How does one ask for a cool white wine spritzer if one can not speak English? A white wine spritzer being white wine with soda water, a very refreshing drink on a hot day 🙂
Finally and not forgetting films or movies and TV. So many wonderful films are in English so if you have learnt English you will enjoy the film so much more rather than having to read sub titles in your language.
I realise that these are only a few reasons to learn English and that there are many other reasons but these are three very important reasons.
To help you find a first class place to learn English without attending a school I have done a considerable amount of research on the best place to learn English from China or Russia or Korea or indeed anywhere in the world by learning English online which is a very convenient way of learning English as you will be able to do so in your own time at your convenience whether on a computer or iPad or your phone. My findings and review for the best online provider for learning English may be seen by clicking here.
I wish you good luck and urge you to commence learning English or improving your English as you will see the benefits for whatever your reason is to learn English.
Thank you for reading this post. Please feel free to comment on this post.
If you need any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.